Insignia is looking to fill an immediate opening for an Environmental Inspector/Biological Monitor who will embody Insignia’s vision to be our clients’ most trusted partner, always delivering excellence with integrity. This position is full-time and can require working up to 12 hours per day for 5 to 6 days per week over a period of 6 months or more. The project includes working extensively in salt marsh habitat.
- Conduct pre-construction surveys for sensitive and rare species, including California Ridgway’s rail (Rallus obsoletus obsoletus) and salt marsh harvest mouse (Reithrodontomys raviventris).
- Conduct fieldwork as needed to prepare deliverables including vegetation surveys, habitat assessments, and related studies.
- Perform construction monitoring and ensure compliance with environmental measures.
- Prepare written reports, letters, permit applications, training programs, and other deliverables as assigned.
- Coordinate production of materials with vendors.
- Create graphics and maps.
- Deliver trainings and oral presentations.
- Review deliverables to ensure the highest level of quality.
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in biology, ecology, botany, or a related science.
- Experience with the salt marsh harvest mouse.
- Experience with the California Ridgway’s rail.
- Previous experience conducting environmental inspections or biological monitoring.
- Working knowledge of regulations pertaining to environmental protection.
- Working knowledge of personal computers, including Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Willingness and ability to travel when needed.
- Willingness and ability to work fluctuating and/or long hours as necessary.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- While prioritizing health and safety, this position requires an individual who is able to walk and hike through varying degrees of difficult terrain. Individuals may also be required to perform their job responsibilities in inclement weather conditions.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume to email@example.com with a brief cover letter or cover email, including compensation expectations. Please include the words “resume” and “EI/Bio Monitor-Vallejo” in the subject line of your email. We request that applicants refrain from calling our office directly regarding this position.
Insignia may request, for lawful employment purposes, background information about candidates from a consumer reporting agency in connection with employment.
Insignia is an equal opportunity employer. Insignia does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, mental or physical disability, genetic predisposition or characteristics, or any other characteristics protected by applicable state or federal civil rights law.
For additional information about working at Insignia, check out our Careers Page.