Insignia is looking to fill an immediate opening for a CEQA/NEPA Practitioner/Environmental Permitting Specialist who will embody Insignia’s vision to be our clients’ most trusted partner, always delivering excellence with integrity.
- Conduct research
- Perform impact analyses
- Assess permitting requirements and prepare justifications for permitting strategies
- Prepare permit application packages
- Prepare California Environmental Quality Act and/or National Environmental Policy Act (CEQA/NEPA) documents
- Support agency consultation
- Assist project managers with task management and manage small- to medium-sized projects
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, environmental policy, or similar from an accredited four-year college
- Minimum of three years of experience in environmental consulting in a similar role
- Proactive self-starter who can work independently to complete tasks on time
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent writing and technical editing skills, with advanced experience in Microsoft Office
- Rigorously detail-oriented and committed to accuracy
- Experience assessing environmental impacts under CEQA/NEPA and/or preparing permit applications is highly preferred
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Willingness and ability to travel when needed
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume to email@example.com with a brief cover letter or cover email, including compensation requirements. Please include the words “resume” and “CEQA/NEPA/Permitting Specialist” in the subject line of your email. We request that applicants refrain from calling our office directly regarding this position.
Insignia may request, for lawful employment purposes, background information about candidates from a consumer reporting agency in connection with employment.
Insignia is an equal opportunity employer. Insignia does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, mental or physical disability, genetic predisposition or characteristics, or any other characteristics protected by applicable state or federal civil rights law.
For additional information about working at Insignia, check out our Careers Page.