Insignia is looking to fill an opening for an Environmental Inspector/Biological Monitor, who will embody Insignia’s vision to be our clients’ most trusted partner, always delivering excellence with integrity. This position is full time and can require working up to 12 hours per day, 5 to 6 days per week for 6 months or more.
- Conduct surveys for special-status species.
- Collect Global Positioning System data.
- Inspect construction activities for compliance with environmental mitigation measures, permit conditions, and other environmental requirements.
- Coordinate with construction contractors, project managers, and resource specialists.
- Prepare daily reports.
- Deliver crew-level environmental trainings.
- Monitor for sensitive species.
- Facilitate conflict resolution.
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in biology, ecology, natural resources or a related science.
- Two years or more of experience with construction monitoring in Southern California.
- One year or more of demonstrated experience with sensitive species in Southern California, preferred.
- Two or more years of experience conducting environmental compliance monitoring on major utility infrastructure projects in California.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as confidence in dealing with clients, regulators, and team members.
- Team-oriented and self-motivated.
- Rigorously detail-oriented and committed to accuracy.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Willingness and ability to travel when needed.
- Willingness and ability to work fluctuating and/or long hours as necessary.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- While prioritizing health and safety, this position requires an individual who is able to walk and hike through varying degrees of difficult terrain. Individuals may also be required to perform their job responsibilities in inclement weather conditions.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume to email@example.com with a brief cover letter or cover email. Please include the word “resume” and “Environmental Inspector/Biological Monitor” in the subject line of your email. We request that applicants refrain from calling our office directly regarding this position.
Insignia may request, for lawful employment purposes, background information about candidates from a consumer reporting agency in connection with employment.
Insignia is an equal opportunity employer. Insignia does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, mental or physical disability, genetic predisposition or characteristics, or any other characteristics protected by applicable state or federal civil rights law.