Insignia is looking to fill an immediate opening for a full-time GIS Specialist who will embody Insignia’s vision to be our clients’ most trusted partner, always delivering excellence with integrity. The GIS Specialist is responsible for obtaining, organizing, and mapping GIS data, implementing and identifying efficient methods for data analysis, and ensuring consistency, accuracy, and quality in all GIS work. This person will stay apprised of the latest software updates and GIS analysis techniques while supporting all staff in preparing deliverables.
- Conduct research and determine the best methods for analyzing data; implement those methods in accordance with industry standards
- Organize GIS data so it is readily identifiable and easy to locate
- Ensure accuracy and quality in all data sources and mapping products
- Prepare field staff/biologists with field maps and mobile data collection (including submeter-accurate GPS units and tablets)
- Download collected data (including wetland delineations, vegetation mapping, and other biological resource survey data) and process it for analysis and map creation in support of deliverables
- Ensure work is conducted within the assigned constraints (i.e., budget and schedule) at the project and program levels
- Bachelor’s degree in geography, GIS, environmental science, planning, or a related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in environmental consulting in a similar role
- Basic understanding of one or more aspects of environmental science, including NEPA, land use planning, or pertinent field biology (e.g., botany, wildlife, or wetland biology)
- Strong knowledge of current GIS and graphics software, including ArcGIS Desktop 10x Suite (including Spatial Analyst, Model Builder, and Data Driven Pages)
- Experience using online and mobile GIS applications, including ArcGIS Online and Collector for ArcGIS
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects on time and within budget
- Proactive self-starter who can work independently to complete tasks on time
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Rigorously detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume to email@example.com with a brief cover letter or cover email, including compensation expectations. Please include the words “resume” and “GIS Specialist” in the subject line of your email. We request that applicants refrain from calling our office directly regarding this position.
Insignia may request, for lawful employment purposes, background information about candidates from a consumer reporting agency in connection with employment.
Insignia is an equal opportunity employer. Insignia does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, mental or physical disability, genetic predisposition or characteristics, or any other characteristics protected by applicable state or federal civil rights law.
For additional information about working at Insignia, check out our Careers Page.